Monday, July 24, 2017

One year anniversary



  On July 24, 2016 I posted my very first blog post.  Although I had toyed with the idea of doing a blog to share my interest in miniature war games and toy soldiers it was not till then that I took the plunge and started my blog.




  Since that time I completed 115 posts and had over 27500 visits from interested people. Best of all there are now 37 kind people who have signed up to follow this blog;  and a great number of others who drop by.    It has turned out so much better then I had ever hoped for.  In addition to sharing my latest painting endeavours, projects and battle reports I have also gotten to meet (through the internet) a very nice group of people who share my interest.  It has been especially fun to share with you my progress on the Niagara 1814 project.  In a little over a year I have put together my War of 1812 armies and now completed multiple games with them.    It has been great fun to see what others are doing and especially to learn from you.



  For the future I plan to publish more campaigns and battle reports.  While one never ever finishes a project in the world of war games I have enough painted regiments in my chosen periods to set up and play games and campaigns.  So now I want to get out and fight more table top battles.  These will be both with the club and with friends both here and away.  Also a few solo games.  Not satisfied with my battle reports I have been studying how many of you have done yours to have a better product and more interesting read.  I have more terrain items I wish to add.  Some are for visuals, like better mounting for woods and adding some hills.  Others are for items like camps and buildings and ducks and geese in a pond!  Civilians wondering about the table or farming their fields?  More items to make the table more interesting.  Lastly I plan on being much more proactive in answering comments and publishing comments on my and other people's blogs.  I tend to be a silent lurker but hope I can change that in the future.



So thank you all so very much for spending some time here.  I am most grateful for each and every visit here, and delight in your comments and encouragement.  I hope in the future to continue to make this blog interesting that you continue coming back.  Thank you!



17 comments:

  1. It is a joy to view your painted figures. For instance, the highlanders in the inal shot o this post. Magnificent!

    Best Regards,

    Stokes

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on your one-year anniversary, Mark!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jonathan many thanks for all your support and very kind words over this exciting year.

      Delete
  3. "Happy Birthday" Brave Fusiliers. Time flies! It was stumbling across your blog that prompted me to finally translate my own thinking about blogging to actually doing it. So the anniversary of your blog is in fact a double. I'm in your debt, sir.
    Keep on going!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ed. It has been great watching both our blogs grow. Hope you enjoyed Chippewa.

      Delete
  4. Happy birthday mate! Keep it going.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much Colin. Your blog was the inspiration to start this. Always find something interesting at your site

      Delete
  5. Congratulations! I've enjoyed following you throughout the year and look forward to many more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Dan. I hope I have more interesting items in the the next year for you.

      Delete
  6. Congrats on making it through the first year. Looking forward to seeing more.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Blogday Mark...
    All the best. Aly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you sir. Just discovered your blog and am enjoying it greatly.

      Delete
  8. Mark, congratulations! You have produced more quality figures in one year than I have in five, absolutely incredible! Well done! I continue to follow your progress with much interest.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats! Keep the posts coming!

    ReplyDelete