Friday, December 29, 2017

I was a painting fool!



  Looking back on 2017 I found this to be the year of massive painting.    I should not be surprised about this as I had replenish my supplies of paint and brushes with some very large purchases.  I was also very motivated by the time periods and the figures themselves to pick up brushes and paint.  I found I like to paint certain figures but not others.  Perry miniatures are a chore for me to paint. Very time consuming.   Fife and Drum, Crann Tara, RSM and Knuckleduster miniatures are a joy.  Not judging the miniatures, but what fits my painting style.


  But still the amounts done are surprising to me.  Best of all I now have good sized armies for American Rev War and War of 1812 ready to go for next year.  I might add a few new regiments.  Ok, who am I kidding here;  with all my favorite miniature companies adding new must have figures I will be adding a few new regiments.   I do have a number of scenarios and small campaigns written for games for next year.  Perhaps this will be the phase of my gaming life I play more then I paint.   I have also starting reviewing my terrain to see what I need and what I want to improve.  Redoing my basing for woods, adding more fence, a Crimean War and eighteenth century camps and other terrain pieces would be nice.  I have also started playing with paper buildings.  There are a interesting variety out there and very cost effective.  After all we play table top miniature games because of the visual appeal!





War of 1812 armies.
Command figures. 4
Royal artillery gunners.   12 figures
American gunners. 6 figures
1st regiment. 24 figures
8th regiment. 24 figured
100th regiment. 24 figures
Incorporated militia regiment. 24 figures
Glengary light infantry regiment. 24 figures
Lincoln militia. 24 figured
1st American rifle regiment. 24 figures
Indians. 24 figures
Niagara Dragoon.   6 figures
19th light Dragoon.  6 figures
1st American Dragoon. 6 figures
Royal marine rocket battery. 4 figures
89th regiment. 24 figures
Upper Canadian militia regiment. 24 figures
49th regiment. 24 figures

286 Infantry
   22 cavalry




American Rev War
Mounted command figures. 4 figures
New York volunteers. 30 figures
Volunteers of Ireland. 30 figures
British legion cavalry. 30 figures
British legion infantry. 30 figures
Royal artillery grasshopper. 4 crew
Regiment von Bose. 30 figures
3 Regiments Of militia. 90 figures
Hunting shirt regiment. 30 figures
3rd light Dragoon. 10 figures
Lee's legion cavalry. 10 figures
Mounted militia. 6 figures
17th Light Dragoons. 6 figures
State regiment. 30 figures

300 Infantry
 36  cavalry or command figures


WAS/SYW   
Dillon. 24 figures
Clare. 24 figures
Royal Ecossais. 24 figures
Orleans. 24 figures
Tournaisis. 24 figures
Saintonge. 24 figures

144 infantry



Total number of painted figures for 2017
730 Infantry
  58 Cavalry

10 comments:

  1. Mark, you WERE a painting machine in 2017. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much! Looking forward to playing more with the figures next year!

      Delete
  2. Prolific ! and all rather marvellous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. SYW's uniforms are splendid...and you've done a great job on them, what a productive and fantastic year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Phil, Merci beaucoup pour les paroles très aimables. Hâte d’ajouter à mon armée Français l’année prochaine.

      Delete
  4. Amazing output, and lovely looking stuff as well. I can't wait to see them on the table!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you AJ. I have a number of games ready for next year's club nights i want to put on so yes you will get a chance to see them!

      Delete
  5. Mark,
    That's an impressive output. Well done. Here's to 2018

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy New Year, you paintin' machine!

    ReplyDelete