Tuesday, February 6, 2018

Paper Houses: a start



  Here is one of the paper houses I talked about in my last post.  The Battle in America booklet comes with three houses; the small log cabin, a church and a town house.  The last two are perfect if you are going to fight Trenton or any battle by a largest town or city.  While the small log cabin is great for numerous battles and various period settings.  You have to take them to a copy place and have them printed on card type paper.  This lets you have lots of real estate!

  The cabin comes with a porch and a overhanging roof.  I choose to not add it on my first try putting one of these paper buildings together.  When I build another one I will add it and have two different looking cabins.  That is the nice thing about paper buildings. Once you have the template you can put them together with additions and subtraction to create a variety of buildings for your tabletop.


  At Cold Wars last year I took a class at the Hobby University in how to build paper buildings.  It was great and very informative.  lots of hand on work and you put together a building.  They give you all the tools you need and plenty of help.  In past battle reports you might have noticed the two paper buildings I built in the class and took home.  I highly recommend attending the Hobby University if you go to a HMGS show.  They are outstanding.

  More to come!

4 comments:

  1. Could you share a link to the "Battle in America booklet"? I don't know where I can get it. That cabin looks great, nicely based. Cheers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got my copy on Amazon

    https://www.amazon.com/Wargame-American-Revolutionary-Battle-America/dp/1912174138/ref=sr_1_10?ie=UTF8&qid=1517947778&sr=8-10&keywords=Wargame+battle+in+america

    ReplyDelete