Sunday, March 18, 2018

Cold Wars 2018 part 2







 We arrived on Thursday to register and were pleasantly surprised.  The Lancaster Host has been bought by a new owner who is renovating the old building.  Yes there is construction going on.  New walls, wiring and carpets.  Rooms being given a face lift.  Next year this place will be unrecognized.

  And so too was the convention.  A new board of directors has shaken things up and improved things.  Registration was a surprise.  There was a small army of attentive volunteers who helped direct you where to go.  If you are registered there was a kiosk to print out your badge.  Next to it was a table where friendly people handed out handbags of goodies for attending.  The entire procedure took two minutes instead of the usual fourth five minutes.  Outstanding!

Old registration

New registration

  The dealers area was likewise changed.  I liked the main building for the dealers hall.  The hall was large, well lighted and bright.  Not too noisy;  you could be heard without shouting.  Plenty of room to walk and not get knocked over.  Dealers were friendly and talkative.  Very nice! No pictures, too busy to much to see!

Games were abundent.  And all looked good.  People were having fun.  Could be me but it appeared to be very few fantasy type games and more historical.

WW1 game .Great visual of a artillery bombardment.

Someone is having a bad day!


War of 1812 game.  British raid in the Chessapeak.

I really like these landing barges.

Great looking farm. I would like to add items to my table.
Beautiful 6mm game.  Italy 1859.


Beautiful Rev War game ruined by the beer bottle.

Love little details on the board.

WW2 game.  Nice terrain!

The flea market Friday night was held from 9:00 on to midnight .Again I liked the new room.  Lots of room to walk and still see everything.





  All in all a wonderful  weelend!  My compliments to management. They have improved Cold Wars. We have booked our rooms for  2019 and are looking forward to next year.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for posting. You posted two pics from my Race Across Carolina game. I'm pleased you noticed the little details - that's the stuff I like too. (I also had foxes in the woods).

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was a great looking game, I am only sorry I missed the game but at least enjoyed the table. My friend George and I spent some time talking with you. Short-lived the faculty market risks and has since ordered a bunch. And yes I loved the amazing details throughout your table.

    ReplyDelete