Monday, July 2, 2018

Painting Totals 2018



  I have been painting a lot this year.  Some of my figures have come out very good, others just ok.  Since we are at the half way mark through the year I thought I would add up my total figures painted. Civilian figures and farm animals are not included. 
 
 I was a bit surprised at what I have done so far.



American Rev War:
12 Militia Horse
24 Rifle men rev war
30  Smallwood's Maryland
30 Continental line infantry (1st NY)
30 Continental line infantry (3rdNy)
30 Continental line infantry (13th Continental regiment)
30 Continental line infantry (19h Continental regiment)
1  Brigadier




War of 1812:
6 New York militia hussars
24 Militia war of 1812
24 US regulars war of 1812





WAS/SYW:
2 French cannon
8 French gunners
12 French fusiliers
12 French Cavalry

Totals:
242 x  Infantry
31 x Cavalry
2 x Cannon

My plans for the remainder of the year?

  In Rev War I will be adding five more continental line regiments and a militia regiment.   I will be  doing a two gun battery  representing Hamilton's New York  Artillery regiment.   Then I am pretty much done with my American 1776 army.    I would like to add Colonel Rall's brigade of the Rall, Lossberg and Knypausen Hessian regiments if I can afford the miniatures.  For July 4th I am planning a parade of my American Rev War collection. 

In War of 1812 the 41st Regiment of foot and some British flank companies need to be primed and placed in the painting line.  I also have a headquarters group of American officers to do.  It would make a very nice display item. 

I have another French Cavalry Regiment to complete in my mid eighteenth century French army that is half way done;  but for  some reason I just cannot get them done.  After that I am not sure where that project will be going.  I love the figures and they are my most colorful army.  But I just cannot muster the enthusiasm to paint a another army to fight them.  It is possible I may sell or trade them but I can not make up my mind.  We will see.




2 comments:

  1. A good effort sir...

    You have certainly painted a lot more than me... and I tend to put paint on lead almost every day...

    All the best. Aly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sir, while I may have the advantage of quantity your work has the advantage of quality.

    ReplyDelete