Wednesday, September 19, 2018

Hessian Jager company 1776




  It was recently that I discovered I have been so busy painting American line infantry I had neglected my crown forces. Yes, I have some British line and guards and Highlanders but few loyalist, no Grenadiers and a single Hessian battalion.  Time to correct this.




  To get started I painted up a small group of 12 Jagers.  Inspired by reading Captain Ewalt's journal years ago I find that Jagers are ubiquitous and turn up in almost every battle.  So they will be super useful troops.  Their plain uniforms were easy to paint and I did these in a couple of days. I am experimenting with different basing for skirmish type troops.  Single based figures just do not look right to me.  So now I am trying a longish thin base to look like a skirmish line.  After a couple games we will see. Figures are from Minden miniatures and although from the Seven Years War period will not look out of place on my American Revolution battlefields.

2 comments:

  1. Handsome poses and beautiful painting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice job Mark - I agree with your philosophy about light and skirmish troops - I always put fewer figures on the base for these types of troop EG typically I have three or on occasion four line infantry per base, but lights or skirmishers EG 95th Rifles - I only have two!

    ReplyDelete