Monday, November 5, 2018

13th Continental Regiment, part 2



After rushing and posting my pictures of the 13th on line I received a email from an friend.  He pointed out that there was a reference to the 13th wearing brown faced buff coats.  In addition I found a reference in Richardson's Standards and Colors of the American Revolution that the 13th had a regimental color.



   So, what to do!  Naturally this is the type of thing which would only bother myself.  So I have very carefully repainted the coats with buff facings.  A pain in the neck job but one I am very satisfied with.

   Now, as to the regimental colors.  Washington's advice for how colors should be for 1776 regiments suggested a regimental color in the facing color of the regiment paired with a Grand Union flag.   I have two different companies who make flags  kind enough to assist me with this So I will follow Washington's suggestion.  Once I get the correct flag I will post it.

So, here is my reconstruction of the 13th incorporating the better reference materials supplied.  In this hobby of ours we need only please ourselves. But I do like to try and get things right.

No comments:

Post a Comment