Monday, March 18, 2019

Cold Wars 2019: wrap up



  Not much to report on Sunday morning.  Due to the long ride back to New England we were up and on the road by 9:39.  Going over my pictures here were a couple other games that drew my attention.

A WW1 game.  Outstanding terrain.  Note the crashed aircraft.  Someone is having a bad day!





A beautiful sailing ship game.





The Battle of Isandlwana.  Amazing terrain!  Looks like the poor company of infantry is about to get overwhelmed.  Outstanding depiction of the action here.






From another Zulu vs British game.  We were talking to the game master who was a most excellent fellow.  I really liked how he mounted his Zulu.  An irregular shaped base with the figures fitting into it.  Easy to move, looks like irregular formation and easy casualty removal.  I think I will use this for my Riflemen and skirmishers in my Rev War and War of 1812 games.  Brilliant!





Another beautiful American Revolution game.



So another Cold Wars done.  As always I enjoyed myself.  Beautiful games, friendly gamers and a very nice location.  I feel the Host is improving greatly and on the right track.  I had heard that HMGS will be signing a three year contract to hold games there.  If so that is good.  I understand that some people had issues with parking and food.  I experienced neither of these issues.  Once parked the car stayed there.  As far as food there were plenty of places within a short walking distance.  I tend to have a good breakfast and then a early dinner and I am done.  I really liked the Starbucks and the two friendly people who worked it for very long hours each day.

looking forward to next year!

2 comments:

  1. Some more excellent looking games Mark - you must have had a very enjoyable weekend and thanks for taking the time to report on it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a great time and I am looking forward to next year.

      Delete