Saturday, July 20, 2019

Armies in Review 2019




  Once a year I like to review my armies. It gives me a chance to see what I have done, what I need to do for next year and admire what I have.  There is a feeling of accomplishment when looking over your collection.  And anticipation of when next they will take the field in a table top battle.




  My first review was to be my Rev War armies.  On a short day from work I placed  a couple of tables outside and set up the Crown Forces then the American Rebels.  Only when I had taken it down and out away the terrain and figures did I review the pictures.  They were blurry and washed out.  I was most disappointed and post a couple of the better ones to show this.  A bit of a waste of effort.


  My next attempt was indoors and with my War of 1812 collection.  This time I decided to photograph them by brigades.  A small amount of figures at a time but better for the space and picture quality.  Most of my armies have been organized by brigades as they tend to be what a player commands for a table top battle. Usually these to four battalions per brigade.  Since most games have two to four players per side an army of three brigades is very good.  Also, this lets me concentrate on which regiments make up the Brigade.  Usually these are based on a historical order of battle.  The individual regiments are very  important to me as I am fascinated by their histories and stories.  Also, occasionally they are to honour or remember a friend or my time with a reenactment unit.  There have been times in the past where the game goes out the window and we go out of our way to four Frank's or George's old regiment.  Great fun!



  So, I hope you enjoy the next series of posts and my mini review of my collection of fugures.  Thank you for stopping by!

5 comments:

  1. A grand review Mark. I too enjoy a good parade. Too often the armies after painting the armies disappear into their storage boxes and don’t appear again for some time. Such parades always remind me of the achievement but also help to spur on other projects.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. And I am looking forward to your War of 1812 campaign.

      Delete
  2. Impressive and splendid parade Mark, the close up is stunning, awesome detaisl!

    ReplyDelete