Sunday, October 27, 2019

Artillery Bases



  Traditionally artillery are on large rectangular bases.  This is how everyone else I know has always mounted their artillery stands.  It is just the way it was done.  A gun, and three to five figures and that is a artillery stand.  Add a limber and you are done.


But, on the Fife and Drum miniatures blog  I noticed that one player mounted his artillery on a round base.  I cannot tell you why, but it looked great.  Better then great, I really liked it a lot.  So much so that I mounted my War of 1812 artillery on round bases.


  Now I am redoing my American Revolution collection.  Not a really big deal.  Just time consuming.  Stay tuned for more pictures when done.

4 comments:

  1. Looks very promising. ...though of course it has made me look at my shelf of artillery bases and start to wonder...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the round bases. It might be a visual thing wherein the round, or lack of corners, blends in better with the tabletop.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I changed all my Arty pieces over to round ones after I say some of your pics.

    ReplyDelete
  4. They look rather nice on round bases Mark...

    I don’t thing I will be changing my existing artillery though...but I my try it in future projects...

    All the best. Aly

    ReplyDelete