Saturday, November 30, 2019

Adventures with Nathaniel




Occasionally my son and I will play a miniature war game together. While I am.more I go the period and the history he is a much better gamer.  Here is an example of our approach to the game.

Playing Wings of War:

Me:  Ok, see this plane.  It was flown by the famous ace Voss.  This is how he painted his plane, and this was a special insignia he used...
Nathan:  Hey Dad, my plane is behind you, and here are my cards shooting at you.
Me:  Oh!  Well down I go, let's play again.  This time this plane was flown by the ace David Putnam.   I painted his plane based on a photo and....
Nathan: Dad, I am behind you again....
Me: Oh drat!

  This weekend was Nathaniel 's 24th birthday.  We have started a tradition of going to a football game together to celebrate.   Our airline JetBlue  is the official airline of the Patriots. So we get tickets sent to us  occasionally.  usually pre season games sometimes regular games.   This year we were given two sets of tickets to two different games.  One set of tickets was to the game against the Cowboys, the other against the Kansas City Chiefs. in the drawing I won the set for the Chief's game!  We are most excited for what will be a incredibly excellent game.  Happy Birthday Nathaniel!


3 comments:

  1. Nice post and good to see you playing a game with your son. I doubt I will ever play a game with either of my daughters. They are soon 18 and not unsurprisingly, never showed the slightest interest. I will wait for grandsons perhaps.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too funny. This is *exactly* how games of Wings of War against my 11 year-old daughter go. She's been undefeated since the day I taught her how to play.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know where you are coming from Mark...
    You can’t even pretend that you let them win... they know they just stomped all over you...
    Have fun...

    All the best. Aly

    ReplyDelete