Thursday, November 7, 2019

Stuart Asquith



  Sad to hear Stuart Asquith has passed on.  While I have never met Stuart I have many of his books and followed his magazines for many years.  His Practical Wargamer magazine was a great influence in my gaming life.  In a time were there was a push for ever more complex rules and terrain his was a voice for simpler rules and more fun.  I truly enjoyed his spirt of enjoyment with this hobby of ours.  He will be sadly missed.  Thank you for all you have done and shared with us.

Update:  I have removed the image that appeared.  I did not credit the site where I used the image from.  For this I apology.

7 comments:

  1. Indeed. His magazine, practical Wargaming was a cornerstone in my hobby for many years.

    ReplyDelete
  2. One might almost say a voice of reason. A sad loss.

    Best Regards,

    Stokes

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is funny how a person you have me Dr personally met can be so influential in your life.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A very sad passing. And sad Mark, that you have chosen to post a photograph without crediting it. Certainly not something Stuart would have done.

    ReplyDelete

  5. Phil,
    I apologize for the unauthorized use of the picture of Stuart which I posted on my blog November 2019. Saddened by his loss I wished to post a tribute to the man who influenced my approach to this wonderful hobby. While I had not met the manI have read and own many of his books and followed his magazine, Practical Wargamer. Because I did not have a photograph of his I searched the internet for one. I felt the one I used captured how I thought the man must have been in real life.
    That I posted it without attributing it to your blog was wrong. While I would not have used a quotation without a reference. In my writing I did not follow that rule here. Ignorance is no excuse on my part. What I did was not intended to cause harm but obviously it has. I have removed the picture and post my public apology to make ammends.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you Mark. Apology appreciated.

    ReplyDelete