Friday, December 6, 2019

The painting queue



  Things have been a bit quiet here.  What with Thanksgiving and planning our holiday vacation and the first big snow storm of the year I have not had time for any painting.  But I took some time out from the schedule and got a few figures ready for the paint brush.



  First off is a nice vignette from the Perry Brothers.  It is a American camp scene with a camp follower preparing a meal while a soldier fetches water.  In addition a few veterans sit around ( one getting his hair dressed) smoking and setting things right with the world.  I am going to paint the figures as American Continental line infantry.




  Next I felt I needed more elite troops for Lord Cornwallis'  Division.  So I am adding a additional light Infantry and Grenadier battalion. These figures are from Fife and Drum miniatures.  And most beautiful figures they are!

  First off they are lightly tacked into popsicle sticks. Next they will be given a coat of black gesso as a primer. Once dried they will be dry brushed white.  I find this gives a nice shades appearance to my figures.  Once painted the black gives nice shadows while the white highlights gives the appearance of faded material.  This is not for everyone but it works for me.

1 comment:

  1. Totally agree with your first two stages in the painting prices Mark ...I do exactly the same although I just use acrylic paint for both stages.

    ReplyDelete