Friday, February 7, 2020

Grenadier battalions




   Now that I have my two battalions of Grenadiers finished I wanted to take a few pictures.  Here we have a short parade before Lord Cornwallis.






Two quotes about the Grenadier battalions at the Battle of Brandywine in 1777.

Nothing could be more dreadfully pleasing than the line moving on to the attack; the Grenadiers put on their Caps and struck up their march, believe me I would not exchange those three minutes of rapture to avoid ten thousand times the danger."
Lt William Hale, 45th Foot.

"(The) line moving on exhibited the most grand and noble sight imaginable.  The grenadiers beating their march as they advanced contributed greatly to the dignity of the approach."
Lt Martin Hunter, 52nd Foot

7 comments:

  1. A couple of wonderful units you have there!

    Best Regards,

    Stokes

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice pics Mark...they do look very nice en masse and I have to admit, I am sorely tempted to add to my own collection with some of thiese excellent Fife and Drum figures....but I must try to resist as I have multiple other calls on my defence budget!

    ReplyDelete
  3. They look disciplined and beautiful, great job Mark!

    ReplyDelete