Monday, March 30, 2020

Projects for April



  For April I have a number of projects on the table.  Too much free time is giving me planning ideas and also time to finish a number of tasks I wanted done.  What am I working on?

  As anyone who visits here knows I am fascinated with the American Revolution period.  Especially the events of  1775 and 1776.  During my time with the National Park Service I was able to do considerable research and some writing.  Most of these papers did not see the light of day as management was not interested in them.  So I will be sharing them here.  These include a couple first person accounts that few have used, a research paper on the British dead buried at Concord Bridge and a visit to sections of the April 19 Battlefield. How about two individuals during the fight who are describing the same incident from both of their points of views.   Little about wargaming but I hope interesting reading.

   Painting figures will see a return to the  1776 Continental Line regiments.  The new Brigade Games figures I got include individuals wearing the 1775 New England Bounty Coat.  I bought a number of these to be mixed with figures in regimental uniforms and a few in civilian clothing to create a better interpretation of a 1776 regiment.  I think these will be fun to do.

   In preparation I have written up my research notes on 1776 uniforms. Possibly more details them you need!  I hope these notes will be of help to other gamers.

6 comments:

  1. Great plans Mark, look forward to seeing your research. In terms of AWI figures, have you looked at Eureka in Australia? They did a range called Marblehead or something like that, which seemed to be guys dressed in a mixture of clothing types, clogs, different headgear etc...they may be of some use/interest

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are great figures. I use them for the 14th Continental Regiment.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes I see...August 2018, you mentioned this unit in your blog...I should have realised any Revolutionary War figures, you would be aware of them!

      Delete
  3. I look forward to reading these, thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looking forward to reading your material Mark. Writing like that should see the light of day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for your very kind words. I hope you enjoy them.

    ReplyDelete