Wednesday, August 7, 2019

Battle of Bladensburg



   I got a couple question about the header of my blog.  It is a bird's eye view of the Battle of Blandensburg 1814.  It was done by Gerry Embelton.  I really love these and they are inspirational to use for setting up a war game.

  While I have not (as yet) visited the battlefield here are some pictures of what you can see there today.

 Bridge where 85th Light Infantry regiment crossed.


  Monument where the Marines and Barney's sailors fought the British.



Sure historical marker.

3 comments:

  1. Love your blog but I believe it's Bladensburg, not Brandenburg :)

    cheers, Dave

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for pointing this out. Auto correct and spell check haunt me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was hoping for a game report on this battle Mark.....maybe next time. It's an action I would like to recreate on the table one day for sure.

    ReplyDelete