Friday, November 3, 2017

Regiment Dillon 1745



My second regiment from the famed Irish Brigade is the Regiment Dillon.  The black cuffs set off rather nicely from the red coats.  Again, the pose is just right for the Irish.  A disinterested but impatience for the up coming brawl.


The Dillon regiment has always held my attention since I became interested in you soldiers. I remember reading a story as a very young boy that the King of France said to the commander of the Dillon regiment that his regiment caused more trouble than the rest of his army combined.  The Irish commander bowed and replied your enemies say the same thing.   I have   remembered the story and if it is not true have felt it should be.

Figures are from Crann Tara miniatures.  Flag from GMB Design (and a work of art it is).


2 comments: