Saturday, February 17, 2018

Fritz James Cavalry Regiment



  As I have stayed before, I'm really do not like to paint cavalry.  Not sure why I have this mental block. Possible because of stories my grandparent told me about Cossacks when they came to their village.  But for what ever the reason it is very hard for me to paint cavalry.  Note most of my armies in miniatures have very small cavalry regiments and not a lot off them.


  So it is with great happiness that I have finally completed my first regiment 2018;  the French cavalry regiment Fitz James.  The regiment, primed and based has been sitting for months gathering dust while I worked on the courage to take brush to figure.  Now that it is done, I am ready to rush ahead to more traditional figures I like to paint like British Grenadiers, French artillery and French light troops.



  Miniatures are from Crann Tara and very nice figures they are. Regimental flag is from GMB.

  My small collection of French troops is coming along nicely. I now have six infantry battalions and one cavalry regiment finished. I will be adding a Artillery  crew  with gun and some light troops very soon.  I would like to have eight line battalions, two batteries (four guns) and two Light battalions to round out my army.  Possibly two guards battalions, just because.  Then it's time to start my British, Hanoverian and Brunswick army!

6 comments:

  1. A beautiful regiment, well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look great Mark. Despite your fear, you paint up some beautiful looking cavalry.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Agreed! They are fetching. Another unit I hope to add a squadron or two of to my own forces. At some point.

    Best Regards,

    Stokes

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you all very much for the kind words. If the figures look good it is due to the superior casting of the Crann Tara miniatures. They are a joy to paint.

    ReplyDelete