Wednesday, April 4, 2018

Down on the farm



 I wanted to spruce up my gaming table this year.  I enjoy the tiny items that many gamers place in the table such as animals and civilians.  I think they really add to the visual effects.  And why play with you soldiers on the table top if not for the visual effect!  I was especially excited to see one table at Cold Wars.  It was a sharp practice game during the American Revolution.  The gamer had civilians, farm animals and all such interesting items scattered about the table.  They my made the table come alive for me.  I also really liked his casualty markers but that is another  project for another time.



So, after that I stopped at the Eureka miniatures booth and picked up the following figures. It includes a woman milking a cow, a young boy with a butter churn and a very happy looking woman with a yoke and two water buckets. The last figure reminds me of the reenactment of the Battle of Monmouth in 1978.  Young ladies such as her with their water buckets save a number of us from the extreme heat that day.  Perhaps you will see the figure doing similar good deeds on my table top!


  They are very nice figures and will look good around my new farm houses.


No comments:

Post a Comment