Sunday, October 22, 2017

Regiment Orleans 1745


I have made great progress on my project of painting a mid eighteenth century army to refight the table top teasers and other actions from the books of Charles Grant both father and son.  Since starting the project  I now have four infantry regiments finished and two more primed and readying go.  I am looking at a small army of eight regiments line, there cavalry and two guns for each side to start.  Where it goes from there who knows!


 I picked the era of 1745, The War of Austrian Succession for the slightly different uniforms, the interesting history and for the outstanding figures offered by Graham at Crann Tara miniatures.

 The first of my regiments for my mid eighteenth century project is the Regiment Orleans.   I know very little about The actual regiment but liked the red cuffs contrasted in the white coats.  Not sure I got the correct white painting method for the uniforms yet.  But out looks nice and it's a start.  Figures are from Crann Tara.  Flags from GMB


6 comments:

  1. Voilà un superbe régiment Monsieur!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. vous remercie beaucoup pour les bons mots que vous avez

      Delete
  2. They are stunning! You cannot beat white uniforms with red facings in my view.

    Best Regards,

    Stokes

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. Thank you very much for your kind words. And congratulations on your new home! Looks like we are in the same town. We should get together for a game.

      Delete