Wednesday, February 10, 2021

Things From the Basement MDF buildings

 

Captain William Smith House by Things from the Basement.

There are three really nice buildings just released by "Things From the Basement."  These were from a kickstarter program for a King Philip's War card game called "Devil in the Wilderness.". The kickstarter must have been successful since the buildings are now available to the public.  These are perfect for American Rev War and I am sure will see service with my War of 1812.  Please note that all pictures of these buildings are from the website of Things from the Basement.  

Salem meeting House

First off there is a very nice Salem Meeting House.  most models of churches out there are very 19th century.  Thus INE is much better and captures the box like meeting house I was familiar with in New England during  the 17th and 18th century.  An example of this is the Meeting house on Lexington green in the Amos Doolittle engraving of the battle on April 19, 1775.  Thus one would not be out of place in my Lundy's Lane battle either.

Two very nice houses

Side view of houses

Then there are two New England type buildings with extra extensions for the back.  You can building them with the extension so they are traditional salt box type homes or without.  So with very little effort you can get four different looking homes for your table top.  


Extensions to buildings

Extensions added to houses to create salt box 


I have bought the Captain William Smith house and it has graced A number of games here on my blog. They are very easy to build and are very economical.  You can also buy things roof shingles to improve the appearance if you wish.  And much more is out there if you are inclined.


Here is the link to the website for the buildings:

https://www.thingsfromthebasement.com/store/c45/Historic_American_Buildings.html


 I am ordering these houses as a early birthday present for my self so please stay tuned in March for once I have them built.  Thank you Earl for bringing these to my attention!

8 comments:

  1. Hurray! Buildings that actually look like they're from colonial America.
    Too many available kits are "off" with dimensions and roof lines. I'm looking forward to more from TFTB.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was my reaction when I first saw them. I am looking forward to putting them together and staining them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So Trenton is just around the corner...?

    ReplyDelete