A new set of American Civil War Naval rules are out. I talked with the author at his stand at Historicon. He explained the rules and advised they were easy to play but realistic. Having not played them I cannot comment but the rule sets sold out very fast and I missed getting a copy.
What I did get was a number of his excellent models. These look really nice and have plenty of detail. I believe they are 3D printed in resin but with some metal parts. I picked up the USS Kearsarge and the CSS Alabama for my talk in May 2026. When I returned next day most of the model kits were sold out. So if nothing else these were very popular. The models are in 1/450 scale so they are good sized. Because of there size you will need a good size table to have room to move. Most ships were about $24 each.
 |
| CSS Savannah |
Part of the stand at Historicon
 |
| CSS Alabama in the center |
 |
| CSS Atlanta |
 |
| USS Weehawken |
 |
| USS Kearsarge |
 |
| USS Sassacus and the CSS Albemarle, May 1864 |
Very nice!
ReplyDeleteLovely models! 3D printing really is an excellent tool for wargaming.
ReplyDeleteThe ships look brilliant.
ReplyDeleteI agree - although I don't get much out of naval wargaming, the models look very cool!
ReplyDeleteYou may not have got hold of the rules, but the ships look wonderful!
ReplyDeleteBest wishes, James
They are beautiful models! I have always been rubbish at naval games so tend to avoid them but I can appreciate good modelling when I see it... :-)
ReplyDelete