Friday, May 18, 2018

U.S. Regulars 1813



  Just finished a regiment of regulars for my War of 1812 Army.  These are from Brigade games and very nice figures they are.  They fit into my collection which is 90% Knuckleduster miniatures.  Similar pose, and slim figure.  The sculpting and details are very good.



 Since they are slightly different i wanted to make them visually different also.  I have my 1814 army;  so I painted these in the late 1813 uniform.  This has red collar and cuffs.  Not a major difference, but a difference still.


  The regimental colors are on order and have not yet arrived.  These will be from Flags of War.  Painting the figures I used my new Rapier paints.  These were recommended to me and I am extremely happy with them.  Nice flat finnish.  A great variety of shades and colors.  Highly recommended!

10 comments:

  1. Lovely figures! They almost remind me of late Napoleonic Prussians excepting the headgear of course.

    Best Regards,

    Stokes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They do! I was tempted to build a peninsula war army and use them for Portuguese with new command stands. But no way I am starting a new project.

      Delete
  2. Nice brush work Mark. They look rough and tumble - just right. It's hard to get them dirtied up and have it look correct. You've got it spot on.

    AJ

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It worked out better then I thought it would.

      Delete
  3. Hey Mark, Glad to see you painted 1808 leather gear black. That's what I did with my 54mm figures.

    ReplyDelete