Saturday, March 16, 2019

Cold Wars 2019: The Host



Arrived at the Host in Lancaster Pennsylvania Thursday afternoon.  There had been a lot of talk about the renovation and work going on there and I was curious to see for myself how it compared to last year.  Here was the entry way.  Still under work.  We had no problem parking and went I to register for the convention and our rooms.



I pre registered and it was easy peasy.  Scanned my bar code, got my bag of swag and I was done.  My friend George did not pre register and so he took a bit longer.  Here is the registration tables.


Inside the Host I was not prepared for the changes. They have done a lot of work.  And it showed!  Here is the bar.  A very pleasant waiting area is near here.  Nice chairs and couches.  The Starbucks was very good with friendly and helpful staff and a good cup of coffee.  The registration desk to check in was handling the wireless being down well and we got checked into our room.  Which was very clean and comfortable.  All in all a very good first impression.


The renovations are not done and there are signs of work everywhere.  Like here you have the old and the new mixed.  But I was very happy with what was done and the improvements have already made the Host a much better place.


No comments:

Post a Comment