Friday, January 31, 2020

Impudent Mortal and Things From The Basement houses


There are a lot of MDF type buildings in the market for table top wargamers.  These provide a nice looking and easy to build structure for your games.  But outside of pictures on a website how do they stack up?  Years ago many gamers worried over the size of a figure.  Would this new miniature fit with others in my collection?  The same could be said for terrain  and especially buildings.  So here is my attempt to give you a clue to how things look together.  It is a small sampling with just two comoanies:  Things From the Basement and Impudent Mortals.


  Here are some of my Fife and Drum miniatures Grenadiers and Light Infantry by a very nice colonial home by Impudent Mortal.  Funny sounding name but great buildings. These houses are of a "heroic" size , so may be slightly larger then other structures in your collections.  But they are outstanding.

 Unfortunately, visiting their website I found out the owner has passed away and the business is temporarily closed.  I am most sorry for his family at this time. 


  Here is the Captain William Smith House from Things From the Basement.  It is a great house and I am looking forward to more in the future. It is a little smaller then the other building as you can see. 

   What you do on your table is up to you. You look things over and pick what works or looks best to you.    I like both very much. Like in real life no two buildings are exactly the same.  In my neighborhood the same model homes are slightly different in size due to the builder wanting to save money!  My personal opinion? I will field them in the same table.  Possibly Not next to each other but I will use them together in the same village. 

 

5 comments:

  1. I'm a Big Fan of things from the Basment and the owner is a great Guy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally agree with you re these mdf buildings Mark...both are beautiful models. Do you remember when these first started coming on the market, how huge they seemed in comparison to the resin ones we had used up to that point, or model railway scenery that had been pressed into service? To be honest, at first I did not like them, as they seemed enormous and took up a lot of space on the table...but they have grown on me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job on the buildings. I just built the Impudent Mortal house and used it in a Trenton scenario - it is big but looked fine with my other buildings. They also make a great mill.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for the very kind words. I like the buildings and you were the they are big. But they look so great. I have the hill also.

    I would love to see your Trenton game sometime. Your games are a constant source of inspiration.

    ReplyDelete