Sunday, July 24, 2022

Six years blogging anniversry



  How time marches on!  Six years ago I started this blog and here was my first post.

Welcome!

   Ever since I can remember I have loved toy soldiers. As a very young boy I was thrilled to discover an exciting diorama of the Battle of Lexington Green in my public library.  My parents would drop me off at the library and after getting a arm full of books I would stand in wonder in front of it.  As with most future wargamers my first toys were boxes of the airfix plastic soldiers.  Games at this time consisted of setting up the soldiers (mixing waterloo highlander with union and confederate soldiers) and knocking them down with marbles.  My introduction to miniature war games came with the discovery of the original Courier magazine.  Not the glossy publication but the small booklet hand stapled.  To me it opened a door to a wonderful lifelong hobby which has brought me many happy memories and a number of true friends.



  Now, over fifty years later I  am still passionate about this great hobby.  While many periods and armies have come and gone I have determined to limit myself to a handful of armies.  My motto is now more playing and less painting!  I hope with this blog to share my table top armies and their adventures.


  Since that time I have met, through Gaming in person, the blog world and the internet a great many people and exchanged ideas and posts about our hobby.  I have learned a lot, and had great fun doing so.  I have greatly enjoyed seeing how others have approached things like terrain painting and organizing their miniature armies.  I have especially enjoyed the battle reports and pictures of how others fight out miniature battles on the table top. and their fascinating game ideas and scenarios.   


  All in all the hobby, the blog and the interaction with you out there has greatly brighten my life and brought a smile to my face. Its gotten me through difficult times and made good times better. 


   Thank you all so very much.  Now, lets play a game!





22 comments:

  1. Congrats on six years of gaming goodness!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations, Mark! My AWI and War of 1812 knowledge has been enhanced by following your blog.

    Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I appreciate it and happy to share with all.

      Delete
  3. Happy blogday! Looking forward to the next 6.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on your 6th year anniversary Mark, here's to many more of them!! I find your blog a great inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Blig Birthday Mark! Great to put a face to the name as well.
    Keep up the great work.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Excelsior! And many happy returns, Mark: it's been a pleasure to follow along.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As its been my pleasure to follow your blog and game with you.

      Delete
  7. Happy 6th Blog birthday Mark…
    It’s alway good to read what another War of 1812 fan is up to…but of course all of your wargaming adventures are are a joy to read…
    Here’s to many more years.

    All the best. Aly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much. Its been great fun watching your War of 1812 armies grow.

      Delete
  8. Well done Mark. You make a great blog and are a real contributor to the hobby and our community. Here's to your next six years.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think I must be about the same Mark....will check and make sure but I think I started my blog in August 2016

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My day is not complete without a visit to your blog.

      Delete
  10. Sorry, I should have added....Congratulations! And I concur with Jon's comments re your in depth knowledge on N American military history, which also includes your more recent interest in King Phillips War (I think?!)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy blogday Mark! Let there be many more blogging years to come. I think many of us “of a particular age” had a similar start in our wonderful hobby.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Its funny how similar experiences we all have.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy sixth birthday! :)
    Regards, James

    ReplyDelete