Tuesday, November 1, 2022

Game at Mark's house

 

  Yesterday, I hosted a small game at my house.  John, Paul, George and Warren all took the time to drive a good distance down to my house. Janine made a big pot if chilli with corn bread for us.   We played a American Rev War game.  But that was less important then for the first time in a very long time I had friends together and over my house.   It felt great to have friends back and wonderful to move toy soldiers about the table, roll dice and tell tale tails and stories and just laugh.  As John said it was time to get me back into gaming with my friends.  


  What happen in the game was far less important then being back together.  By the end of the day I was very tired but extremely happy.  Its nice to have friends who care.  Thank you guys.  I appreciate it much more then you all may ever realize.  




23 comments:

  1. Great stuff Mark and good on your friends for visiting. How is your recovery from the accident going?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. It was a amazing day for me.

      My health is a mixed bag right now. While a lot has cleared up I still cannot drive. Sitting in the passenger seat feels like Star wars when they jump to hyperspace. Too much and too much movement causes brain fog and dizzy. lastly in doing scans of my head (CT & MRI) we have discovered what the doctors say was a "incidental finding" of a tumor. That's all I am prepared to say for the moment. 😑

      Delete
  2. Fantastic for you and your friends to be able to meet up again after so long. You realise that our wonderful hobby is as much a social get together as anything else and just having the chance to chat is part and parcel of the fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agree. The social aspect of the hobby is so important.

      Delete
  3. Great news, so good that you got together with your friends!
    btw I think Warren should be nicknamed 'Ringo' .... 😀

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are talking to Warren about that! 🤗

      Delete
  4. The best way to game. But as you point out, sometimes the social is whats it's really about.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great to see and the best part of the hobby, gaming with friends

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it is. And most happy to hear you are doing better.

      Delete
  6. Heard about the day from George--much the same as your report: good day with the lads. Good to see you on the road back.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Splendid Mark…
    Wargaming is definitely good medicine.

    All the best. Aly

    ReplyDelete
  8. Replies
    1. Thank you Adam. Looking forward to the Fort Devens game day and saying hello!

      Delete
  9. A good looking game and good to hear that it was an enjoyable social event too. Win-Win! :-)

    Cheers,

    David.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great news, hope to emulate you next year when I get back to the city.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sounds like a wonderful get together (and looked like a great table/game too!).
    A shared interest with friends, camaraderie with food (and drinks?) are a huge part of the enjoyment of the hobby.
    Regards, James

    ReplyDelete