Tuesday, February 27, 2024

Poor Old Fritz

 

  Occasionally our Yorkie  Fritz makes a guest appearance on the blog.  He was a rescue dog we got from a shelter and was in terrible shape.  Most of his fur was gone and he was extremely undernourished.  Since then he has thrived and is a healthy 12 years old.  Oh!  And he doesnt care for little children.  Why I don't know.... But he walks like crazy and I get my miles in each day with him.  


  Unfortunately he recently did damage to his paw.  In jumping down from something he caught his toe in a thread and snapped off his nail.  Then his licking it caused a infection.  Now its bandaged and he has to wear the cone of shame.  The little faker can nowadays walk on it but when  he see a person he has to hold up his paw to get sympathy.  Sigh.....


Update:  Fritz is doing much better.  The paw is healing and he doesnt gave to wear the cone all the time.  Yesterday we did nearly 10,000 steps in two different walks.  So he is getting back to his old self and I am back to my walking.

8 comments:

  1. Oh dear! I hope he heals quickly without complications.

    Our pack of little hounds has suggested that it might help if they each had an extra cookie and channeled the pleasure of eating it to Fritz.....I have my doubts....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I know who the boss is in your relationship 😁
    He does cute rather well…

    All the best. Aly

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, I guess the good news is that Fritz does seem to be of portable size should the need arise. Hope he mends well and soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's a dogs life sometimes.

    Get well soon little fellah.

    ReplyDelete
  5. "I do not like the cone of shame..."

    Hope the little guy gets better soon. Nothing brings out our better natures than a furry friend.

    Eric

    ReplyDelete
  6. Clever pooch, going for the sympathy vote.....! Hopefully he can remove "the cone" soon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Our dog had to wear the cone of shame for over a month - it was a nightmare !

    ReplyDelete
  8. The poor chap looks very sorry for himself.

    ReplyDelete