Monday, September 30, 2024

Knuckleduster Miniatures Moves On

 


As I have mentioned here numerous times I really like the Knuckleduster War of 1812 miniatures.  They are wonderful figures and a complete line.  Forrest obviously liked them as there were a lot of heart, soul and research put into them.  In addition the regimental packs provided a gamer with ready to go regSiments at a great price.

 So it was with a heavy heart that I recently read Forrest has sold off the War of 1812 line to Wee Wolf Miniatures.  There will be a time lag while everything is transferred before the become available to the public.  I do not know how or if  the regimental packs or pricing will change.  I hope for the best and will share information as soon as I get any.  I know nothing about Wee Wolf Miniatures and hope they get the line if figures available as soon as possible.


From the site itself;


Our War of 1812 product line has been sold to Wee Wolf Miniatures! We're in the process of transferring molds, masters, and paperwork and they will be preparing their shopping cart and facility to recieve it and begin production. As of today the product line is no longer available through Knuckledster Miniatures and will be out of production for approximately 90 days while the transfer is completed.


The new owner is Don Hauser, who will be familiar to the gaming community as an old hand at producing minis; the line is in safe hands!


In 2011 I began sculpting our 1812 product line to commemorate the 200th anniversary of the American War of 1812. Over the next several years, the product line grew to over 150 packs covering the major American, Canadian and British troop types in the war. Once I began digitally sculpting the Gunfighter's Ball miniatures, I lost interest in continuing to develop new figures for 1812.


I thank all of you who bought these miniatures over the years. I think this will ultimately benefit collectors of these figures since Wee Wolf is very keen to produce new codes using the armatures and equipment I'm sending with the masters.

All the best,

Forrest Harris

Knuckleduster Miniatures


2 comments:

  1. That's probably unfortunate news, Mark....I looked at Wee Wolf Miniatures for some GNW figures they had, and they seemed to be very expensive....from memory, one mounted figure of Charles XII was $14....then postage to NZ doubled it....needless to say, I didn't purchase!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just checked WWM site right now......that one mounted figure is now US$17!

    ReplyDelete