Tuesday, July 28, 2026

Battle of Kings Mountain

 



The Battle of  Kiings Mountain.  Another super looking game.  While I have very little interest in the actual battle I was amazed at the terrain.  I was detailed to an event in the 1980's at the park so I am very familiar with the terrain.  They captured the look and feel of the battlefield perfectly.  Outstanding job guys!












3 comments:

  1. One of those fights made famous by association with other events. The choices made to recreate the battle are spectacular.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a small battle that has always interested me because of the untimely death of Major Ferguson, inventor of the rifle named after him - The Innovation: It was one of the world's first practical military breech-loading rifles. The Advantage: Instead of pushing ammunition down the muzzle with a ramrod, soldiers loaded it from the rear via a screw-plug breech. Firepower: It allowed soldiers to fire an astonishing six to seven rounds per minute—double the speed of a standard musket. Tactical Edge: Crucially, it could be reloaded while crouched or lying flat in a prone position. Despite its brilliance, British military conservatism and high production costs meant only about 100 to 200 were ever deployed

    ReplyDelete