Thursday, May 13, 2021

Another visit with Scott Leach and his miniatures.

 

As part of getting out and returning  to normal Janine and I went up to Gloucester Massachusetts to visit out friends Scott and Arlene.  Many of you may have visited Scott's old blog, "I like the Things I Like" (http://ilikethethingsilike.blogspot.com).  Scott introduced me to painting military miniatures years ago and we were active in reenactment groups.  He is one of my oldest friends and a great painter of toy soldiers!

Here is a view of the last time I visited:

https://bravefusiliers.blogspot.com/2019/05/a-visit-with-scott-leach-and-his.html


Scott works mostly in 54mm figures or larger.  He buys a lot of plastic figures as well as old Britain's which are in broken and chipped states.  He repairs and reprints them.  All are done in a toy soldier look which is very appealing.  For paints he mostly uses craft paints from the local hobby store like Micheals.


Here are a number of Second Empire French, Prussian and Austrian regiments:


The French:











Austrians:





Prussian:






He recently started working on War of 1812 at New Orleans:








And some Seven Years War flats:






And a few October Fest figures and Mrs O'Leary and her famous cow!



In addition to having fun with miniatures we made sure to get outside and went for a walk on the beach and later in the woods.  We took our Yorkshire Terrier Fritz and he had the time of his life running and playing and being dog like.  He also needed to get out.




A most fun day was had by all.

15 comments:

  1. Great looking collection that is finely painted. Good to see life returning to normal for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is great to be getting back to normal. And always fun to visit with Scott and see his collection.

      Delete
  2. Marvellous to see some of Scott's figures. I really miss his blog. Please encourage him to take it up again!
    Regards, James

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have been. He is on Facebook right now but I keep encouraging him to go back to the blog.

      Delete
    2. Good on you.
      'Stalkbook'. That's a shame. Our paths will not cross then! :)

      Delete
  3. Nice looking Toy Soldier style miniatures Mark - I particularly like the Emperor and Empress. Looks like a great place to get out for a little communing with nature too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Emperor and empress are outstanding figures. Very well done.

      Delete
  4. Lovely landscape and figures, I really enjoyed seeing both.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its a pleasure to share his collection. I wish he posted on his blog again for more to see his work.

      Delete
  5. Those have a real charm to them and nice to see life beginning to return to normal for you guys too on your side of the 'pond'.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I used to follow Scott's blog: small world to find that you and he are acquainted. Are looks deceiving in those pictures or have you dropped a few pounds?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Scott and I are old friends going back too many years.

      As to the picture, when we got home from Hawaii last January (2020) I was not happy with how I looked. I went on Weight Watchers, started walking daily and kayaking during the summer months So yes that is me less 70 pounds.

      Delete
  7. Wonderful toys....and a lovely blog entry too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great post Mark. I'm glad you folks could come.

    ReplyDelete