Wednesday, May 5, 2021

Brigade Games King Philips War figures

 

I have made the jump into a new period.  I just got my first order from Brigade Games King Philips War range of 25mm miniatures.  These include King Philip himself, three packs of Pilgrims type militia and three packs of Wampanoag Indians.  Interestingly I traded with one of guys in our club a Rev War infantry regiment to pay for these.  So, it sorta free.  Thus will not be a big period for figures.  I plan on adding a small troop of mounted Pilgrims and some praying Indians to assist the settlers.

In ordering the King Philips War deal I got the three packs (15 figures) of the Pilgrims...




...And three packs (15 figures) of the Wampanoag Indians.


...and King Philip (Metacomet) himself.  Interestingly the figure has him armed with his war club.  The actual artifact is in a local museum near where I live.

Brigade games are the only manufacturer to make figures for this time period.  I suspect you could use English Civil War for the setterlers.  In fact I have to look through lists for these figures as I will need both male and female civilians to add to thus collection.  


The figures are nicely done and arrived with little clean up needed.  Just mount them on my painting sticks and prime and I am ready to go.  


Stay tuned for more!

15 comments:

  1. Nice sculpts! This will be an interesting project to follow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am most excited about it. Lets see where it goes.

      Delete
  2. I've looked at these several times, wondering whether to add them to my collection or not. How do they match up in size to other figures?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are nice clean castings with very goid details. As to size they fit in well e th my Old Glory (second edition) and Knuckleduster miniatures.

      Delete
  3. The strongest feature of the Praying Indians was detecting ambushes before they were sprung. Otherwise the Pilgrims and their matchlock muskets were often jumped by lurking Indians armed with flintlocks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are on my list to add. Your right the Pilgrims need them to balance out.

      Delete
  4. These look great.
    The Skulking Way of War is a great book to read.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Outstanding Mark......a new project ! This looks like it will be a cool one too.....will you be using skirmish scale rules do you think? From reading your recent posts, I would think you need considerably more natives than settlers?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it is going to be a lot of fun. And your right its definitely a skirmish type game for these. I plan on adding more figures for each side but it will not be as large as any if my other collections.

      Delete
  6. Great figures and I look forward to seeing them painted and then in action:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yeah, I always use the ‘sorta free’ thing too...😎 Lovely figures, so I’m sure you will do them proud.

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are gonna look superb once painted.
    Regards, James

    ReplyDelete
  9. These look very interesting Mark...
    And a subject you don’t see gamed very often...
    I look forward to seeing them painted...

    All the best. Aly

    ReplyDelete