Sunday, April 3, 2022

My medical update

 

  First off, thank you all very much for taking the time to write and and leaving messages. These have cheered me up greatly and I appreciate all of you taking the time to write. 


  I am continuing my journey getting back on my feet.  Although still resting and sleeping a lot I am starting to get up and walking about the house. A bit unsteady, and having to support myself but walking.  Little tasks tire me out.  And there is a round of doctors to see.  My appointment with the neurosurgeon is in mid April, and I will be seeing a concussion therapist soon.  Looks like physical therapy is in store too.   


  I discovered audio books!  Because I have to limit my screen and reading time I have turned to audio books.  I can down load them from the local library system and return when done.  Presently listening to "Valiant Ambition" by Nathaniel Philbrick.  I've finished "A Night To Remember" by Walter Lord; "Washington and Hamilton" by Stephen Knott and "The Man Who Captured Washington: Major General Robert Ross and the War of 1812" by John Mckavitt.  Enjoyed them all and would be interested if any of you have any recommendations.


Again thank you for the notes and one wishes. They really do mean a lot.

16 comments:

  1. Great to have an update from you Mark and fingers crossed for the meetings with the various medical staff. Audio books must be a huge boon given your current situation. All the best!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am enjoying them very much and since my reading and screen time has to be limited it gives me something to do.

      Delete
  2. Good to get a sitrep from you. Sounds like you are moving in the right direction, take care.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am and many thanks for your very kind words.

      Delete
  3. Ditto the above Mark - glad you are improving slightly although it does sound like your return to fitness may quite a long term project. I assume most books are available in an audio form nowadays but I cant really comment as I have never listened to a book so far - perhaps my time will come. Take care and best wishes for your recovery

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am afraid it will be a long road back to normal. But so far the prognosis is positive.

      Delete
  4. Mark , when you feel like a short visit, please let me know and I'll drive over.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That would be great Scott, but right now I am not much fun.

      Delete
  5. Great to hear you’re on the mend - just don’t rush it. 👍

    ReplyDelete
  6. Keep on keepin' on. Book suggestion: Atkinson's The British Are Coming, first of a planned trilogy about the American Revolution. I liked the book.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your suggestion! My local library has it and I just took it out and downloaded it to my Kindle.

      Delete
  7. Glad to hear you're on the mend Mark. Audio books are great, although I keep finding myself falling asleep listening to them.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you Ray. Always great to hear from you. And yes I have had that same thing happen to me!

    ReplyDelete