Tuesday, August 9, 2022

David McCullough

 

   

Another sad day when one of the great ones has passed on.  


   David McCullough was one of my all-time favorite history books writters .  His books sparked my imagination and left me wanting to know even more.  I greatly a number of his books.  "1776"rekindled an interest in the campaign around New York.   His biography if Truman and John Adams were both enlightening and illuminating about the men.  The Johnstown Flood gave me goosebumps as I read it.  All wonderful and all enjoyable.

   David McCullough was right when he said "history is for all of us." And I learned from his books that "History could be exciting."







4 comments:

  1. Haven't read his books, though I have a couple and my dad likes them. Will check them out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. I am getting to many of these kinds of things as of late. Just found out my favorite basketball player Bill Russell passed on. My dad took me to my first Celtics games to see Russell and Chamberlain play.

      Delete