Monday, May 6, 2019

Covered Bridge


To learn about how to put these MDF kits together I started with the covered bridge.  I am not so sure how authentic it is for the time period I game in.   But it looks nice and reminds me of the one at Old Sturbridge Village here in Massachusetts.  Since they do a large Rev War weekend each year I could do a table top battle of the mock tactical they put on!




Instructions for the kit are available through Impudent Mortal site as a free down load.  It was very helpful.  The owner of the site who I bought these from at Cold Wars warned me about using a super glue since you cannot correct errors you make.  I used Annie's tacky glue from Michael's which worked excellent.  A sharpe hobby knife is recommended in case you need to trim parts.


The bridge went together in minutes! Very easy.  Next I sprayed it black and painted it with craft paints.  I have to say that painting it really improves the kit and brings it to life.




 Done, and a fine looking addition to my table top it us!  More to follow. BTW, river is from Battlefield Terrain Concepts.

3 comments:

  1. Why do they have covered bridges ? , seems an American thing ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They were built to protect the bridge from the westher, especially winter snow. This extended the life of the bridge. They were more early 19th century.

      Delete
  2. That explains why they are seen in New England but not in the south.

    ReplyDelete