Friday, May 17, 2019

Georgian House


    My final building from the bundle is the two story Georgian house.  This was the building which drew me into looking at the site.  It is perfect  for North America and my Rev War/War of 1812 games.  Another  great looking building.  I plan on ordering a couple more of these.

Cutting out window shutters and frames.

  There are a number of small details which need to be glued in place before assembling the house.  The shutters and window sills need to be cut from cardboard and glued in place.  This gives a very good look to The house. The door and door frame I would glue after the walls are assembled.




  Here is the house after construction but before painting.  Note the field stone foundation around house.  It is a beautiful model and looks like many of the homes that were along the Concord, Lincoln and Lexington Battle Road on April 19, 1775.  I plan on buying a few more of these.

Door and field stone foundation added.

The cardboard extras add to the appearance of the building.

  On the Fife and Drum Miniature forum John Carroll (Winston Smith/John The OFM from the Miniatures Pages) has suggested buying the roof shingles from "Things in the Basement" store (www.thingsfromthebasement.com/store/c21/Accessories.html) . Jim Dunkan has suggested the rules from " Warbases "(warbases.co.uk/product-category/from-scratch/tiling-sheets/).  Both have said they look far better  and improve the visual appeal of the building.  I will have to look into these!

  As for painting the house, I am up in the air.  The roof and field stone foundation will get a cost of black  then  set brush grey and brown.  Since I like the color of the stain of the MDF I might leave it as is.  But I am open for suggestions.

7 comments:

  1. Realistic and beautiful, lovely details...

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great looking model Mark. I am sure it could be improved and made even better by adding the additional products mentioned and some people might fiddle around hiding the locking pins where the wall slots into the roof etc, as well as giving it a paint job - but I think it looks very good just as it is!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you. I do think it looks very good as is. And it fits in very well with both the Rev War and War of 1812 so super useful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a really nice looking model. What are the perimeter dimensions and height?

    Jim

    ReplyDelete
  5. The base is 6" x 8" and 7" from base to top of chimney.

    ReplyDelete