Thursday, December 24, 2020

Merry Chrismas




We got together for  Christmas in a most 2020 Covid way! 




 Janine and I have for the most part stayed home up to now, due to her medical preconditions. Alexandra has also been staying low and has had to have two medical operations this year. Nathaniel has been at work at a new job and a new apartment so has been very busy. We have seen few people and when we have it has been at a social distance and with masks.  But we all wanted to get together for Christmas.  How to work this out?  The idea struck us to have a Christmas get together based on a old add from L.L. Beans that said be an Outsiders.  So outside we went.


Janine got up early and baked and cooked.  Apple cider donuts, mulled cider, bread and beef stew.  I was outside Clearing snow and setting up a fire pit on the driveway.  I placed a number of brick blocks as a base and brought the fire grate across the snow.  After clearing it out I gathered wood and prepared a fire.  We set up chairs and a table for the food and soon Alex and Nathan arrived and a most wonderful time it was!

Nathaniel



Alexandra

A most Merry Christmas to all my friends in the blogging world.  I thank you all for the joy and happiness you have brought to me during this most unusual  year.  I have learned much from all of you and been unspired by all of you.  And most importantly each of you has made this a better year and a better experience for me.  And for that I am most grateful to each and everyone of you.  


A most Merry Christmas to you all And here is hoping for a better new year.  Thank you all.




24 comments:

  1. A very unique and memorable way to celebrate Christmas Mark and nice that you were able to get the family together at this special time of year - Merry Christmas to you all!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many many thanks for you great posts and very kind comments. You certainly helped get through a most unusual year. Thank you so very much.

      Delete
  2. Even the houses are social distancing! Wish my neighbours did that... All the best to you & the family Mark, and thanks for the fab posts this year. I’ve got an awful lot from your blog so I will think of you when I open the box of Fife and Drum figures I’m meant to be getting (the Mem claims she can’t find it..). Apple cider donuts.... mmmmm.....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As usually a mist witty and fun post. Many thanks for your great humor and inspiration this year.

      BTW dud you get a Magnum PI Hawaiian Shirt?

      Delete
    2. Sadly not - but there is always my birthday in June! I did get the Fife & Drum box, though, so I’m a happy bunny today! 😁

      Delete
    3. Well, Fife and Drum figures are almost as good 🙂

      Janine said to me about the shirts, I thought you were kidding!

      Delete
  3. Mark, thanks for all the positive posting that you do, especially helpful in 2020. Your Christmas Day meet-up looks a great idea - quality time.

    Best wishes, Norm

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Norm, I enjoyed your posts and you insightful comments. I look forward to more from your blog this coming year.

      Delete
  4. What a great idea—glad you had a family xmas, a safe one, after the year you had. Seasons Greeting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much Ed. And a most Merry Christmas to you and your wife. I truly look forward to a next year where we may get together again.

      Delete
  5. A Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to you and your Mark...

    All the best. Aly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many thanks and a most Merry Christmas to you sir!

      Delete
  6. Brr that looks cold ! , a Merry Christmas to you and yours , Tony

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was cold but the fire was warm.

      A most Merry Christmas to you and thank you for everything.

      Delete
  7. Merry Christmas, Mark and family!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And to you and yours. Many thanks for the postings this year. I have enjoyed your blog a lot and look forward to it next year

      Delete
  8. Replies
    1. A most Merry Christmas to you and to your wonderful family. Thank you for being such a inspiration thus year.

      Delete
  9. Replies
    1. Merry Christmas to you and thank you for making this year a little brighter.

      Delete
  10. As always a great blog to visit! I hope you had an incredible Christmas and wish you very Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. BP, many thanks for the kind words and a mist happy and Merry Christmas to you. And thank you for policing the blogging world and trying to maintain paw and order and brining the rule breakers to justice!

      Delete