Wednesday, April 14, 2021

A Night To Remember by Walter Lord

 


  

   A short break from wargames and historical research.  Each 14th April I take some time in the evening to read one of my favorite books of all time, "A Night To Remember" by Walter Lord.  Its a ritual I gave been doing since I was very young.  Sometimes I finish the book (staying up until the early hours of the morning) other times its a few chapters.  A fascinating topic and a very brilliant read.  The copy I read is a rare illustrated edition which I hunted for and finally found back in the 1980's.  It is also autographed by a few survivors of the ship I was lucky enough to met and the author Walter Lord himself.  So its doubly special.


Tomorrow, back to more usual topics and my run down about Lord Rawdon's Southern Army April swept ember 1781.

2 comments:

  1. This short statement just begs some follow up questions Mark - why are you fascinated by the Titanic - do you have a family connection to it - how did you come to meet the survivors who have signed your copy of the book - did you get the authors signature yourself or did you purchase the book already signed - see, I told you I had a few questions!

    ReplyDelete