Thursday, April 1, 2021

Got my Second Vacine Shot!

 

 I will be a shut in no longer!  Today, I got my second shot and now both Janine and I are fully vaccinated.  

  For the past year we have stayed in our bubble away from people.  We would get out for walks in the country and around the house.  In the summer we went kayaking at a local lake.  But not seeing very many people.   While it is true one should still wear a mask in public and maintain social distancing we can at least get together with the kids and friends who are likewise vaccinated.  I can also finally get together for face to face games.  I am really looking forward to club game night in May.  We are also talking about possible trips and getting out more. 


   Today, things have gotten a lot brighter.  

16 comments:

  1. Good! Hope the second dose does not make you ill.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So far so good!

      Next club game night scheduled for May.

      Delete
  2. My second shot is scheduled for April 27th. Time to crash on painting projects to keep from becoming too restless while waiting out this last phase.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agree! Also looking forward to the club game night in May.

      Delete
  3. Great news Mark, the world is opening up for many of us.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Excellent news re second vaccination!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's good news! Here in the UK we still have to socially distance even when vaccinated, with mixing limited to outdoors only. All going in the right direction though:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations!
    Wife and I are going this afternoon for our second shot, then hunker down two more weeks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good for you both. And yes it's important to wait for it to be fully effective.

      Delete
  7. I am pleased your life may return to some semblance of normality Mark. It would be quite instructive for some people in this country (New Zealand) to understand just how bad things have been almost everywhere else in the world, as they moan about still not having a travel bubble open with Australia or the Pacific Islands - we really dont know how lucky we are here in my opinion!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think your country took it seriously. I cannot say mine did. We had very poor leadership and worked on the principle of positive thinking and it would just go away. I am most happy we now have an adult in the White house and we are turning a corner.

      BTW after wrong your wonderful pics of NZ my wife truly wants to go there when we can in the future.

      Delete
  8. It’s amazing how much of a difference even the first shot makes. I get my second in May but will pretend I haven’t so I can still avoid people if the fancy takes me. 😎

    ReplyDelete