Tuesday, June 8, 2021

Work in progress Wagon

 



Slowly putting together the wagons I bought.  Little bit if a learning curve as there are no instructions and you should try fitting the pieces before gluing.  But I think I figured it out.  Once in did that it was fun assembling them and painting this one.  I think I have to work on my shading if the canvas top so any advice would be appreciated.


I painted this one natural wood, although in the future I may paint them in a more military blue or reddish brown.  I figure since wagons were hired locally not all would be the same color.


I also have to cut out a base for the entire thing. This was a piece of wood I had laying around but I think its a tad too big.  I think by the end of the month I will be doing a massive basing effort with my pilgrim militia, Wampanoag Indians and wheeled transports.

8 comments:

  1. Very nice transport Mark. I know what you mean about white metal kits, they rarely come with instructions...I usually end up with one or two small parts left over!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same here... As well as parts glued to fingers!

      Delete
  2. Nice addition to your collection. I love the logistics and it's good to see them on the table. I know what you mean about instructions - quite common and they don't provide even on-line diagrams or support. Anyway, if you aren't happy with your canvass, you could always try a dark brown wash and when dry, hit it again with a subtle dry brush.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the advice. I will try this out on my next wagon.

      Delete
  3. Marvellous texturing and looking marvellous so far. The horses look suitably weighed down too, don't they?!
    Regards, James

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes James the horses look like work horses and not race horses.

    Thank you for the compliment!

    ReplyDelete