Friday, February 11, 2022

Modern maps with historical overlays

 

I am looking for maps of battles or historical events that are superimposed over modern maps.  Unlike the "Birds Eye Views" type maps I posted much earlier these are modern maps or photographs of sites with the troop movement or builds superimposed over them.  


Here are a couple examples of what I am looking for.

Troop movements at the Little Bighorn.

Where the Alamo would be in modern San Antonio.

Queenstown Heights Battlefield


If you know of more please let me know thank you in advance!


5 comments:

  1. Wish I had something to add here Mark, sorry I do not.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mark. I assume your main interest is in American battles but if you are simply interested in maps superimposed on modern life, see Wordswoth Press Battles in Britain...it has LOTS!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ross, those are exactly what I am looking for! Thank you for the advice.

      Delete