Tuesday, June 7, 2022

A little more painting, A little planning

 


  Still working in therapy on my hand-eye coordination, as well as balance issues.  Recovery is I am finding out a marathon rather then a sprint.  But I am trying to get out a paint brush and paint again.  I find I can work for about thirty to forty minutes before I have to stop and rest my eyes to prevent headaches. Which is an improvement over the past month.  So little steps and just keep swimming.

  Managed to finish a supply wagon the other day.


  And also three Hussars.  Not up to my usual standard at all but still I happy to have dine some painting and got some progress made.


  Working on setting up another game.  I am keeping the same table terrain set up but switching time periods to the War of 1812 and fighting an action based on the battle of Cook's Mill.  A American force of four regular infantry reginents, A rifle regiment and a light Dragoons troop is trying to capture A bridge and destroy food and military supplies.  A British/Canadian force is sent to stop them.  Fighting a game solo is nice as I can take my time and do something each day.

11 comments:

  1. Good to see you making a bit of progress with some painting now and then Mark. Look forward to seeing your next game once you have played through it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to hear you are making progress Mark, albeit slower than you might wish for, but at least you can see you are improving, which is the most important thing of course.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good to see you getting more painting done Mark…
    Little and often will get them done… and it is the best medicine around.

    I’m looking forward to seeing your game…

    All the best. Aly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agree, it is goid medicine and its goid for the soul too.

      Delete
  4. That’s pretty good for someone who’s other hobby is head butting concrete. Best thing about switching between AWI and 1812 is getting mileage out of the terrain!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ya, I think I like my hobby with toy soldiers better....

    I could be one if those authenticity button counters (as we called them in my reenactment days) and go into how architecture was different between these two historical time periods. But I won't because you are correct and it us one if the best things about gaming the two periods!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When I started I just had access to Airfix railway buildings, so every ACW battle I fought was in early 1960s English Home Counties. 😆

      Delete
    2. An nobody was bothered by it.

      Delete