Thursday, September 15, 2022

Books on tape

 


Recently Amazon's Audible books on tape had a promotion.  You got three months of Audible for free and you could get three of their Audible books for free for trying them out.  You can cancel at anytime during  the three months and you will not be charged.  


I enjoy these books and gave often gotten them from the library.  they are especially good to listen to while painting, or cutting the grass.  And getting three free books was too good to pass up. So, what did I get?  


The Battle of Brandywine by Michael Harris  and

The Battle of Germantown by Michael Harris

These are very good studies of these battles during the 1777 campaign in Pennsylvania.  I find both battles endlessly fascinating and full of great ideas for the wargame table.  


Sherlock Holmes as read by Stephen Fry.  

Over the years I have read most of the stories but I still find them entertaining.

3 comments:

  1. Good idea Mark, I might give this a go myself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. All solid choices. I enjoy rereading my copy of Sherlock Holmes on s regular rotation.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These books should all be a good rea......I mean, listen, Mark! :) Re Sherlock Holmes, I have a thick (about 4 or 5") paperback copy of every story ever written. When I bought it about 30 years ago, I could read it with the naked eye, now, the font is so small, it's a struggle with my normal daytime reading glasses on..... :(

    ReplyDelete