Friday, October 21, 2022

Lauzun's Legion Infantry

 




 I  have long wanted to add Lauzun's Legion to my armies. The fight between Tarleton and Lauzun would make an excellent, very colorful game.  Staring with the infantry element I have finally gotten on my way.

  The infantry of the Legion was supposed to contain a grenadier company of 100 men, a chasseur company of 170 men, and two line infantry (fusilier) companies of 170 men each.  When Rocheambeau’s force left France  there was a shortage of transport ships so the Fusilier companies were left behind. The Grenadier Company sailed with 116 men and wore a bearskin hat without a front plate. The Chasseur Company  sailed with 99 men and wore a black cocked hat with white tape (and not a helmet).  I decided to combine the two infantry elements into a single unit if 24 fugures.  Rather then the Grenadier uniform I went with the Chassaur uniform as I wanted to have some skirmishes type troops for thus legion.  Also I believe the chassaurs were involved n the battle with Tarleton.    Perhaps later on I might add Grenadiers but we will see.


It felt good to be back in the saddle so to speak painting wise.  I know they are not my best effort but I am still pleased with them.  


Next up the Hussars of the 1st Squadron then the Hussars/Lancers of the 2nd Squadron.

4 comments:

  1. Very nice work Mark, looking forward to seeing the Hussars.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fine work there Mark and look forward to seeing the next batch of figures.

    ReplyDelete