Thursday, July 20, 2023

Thursday at Historicon

 

  After leaving my house about 8:30 AM we drove straight down to Lancaster Pennsylvania.  We arrived at the hotel about 3:09 PM, took a quick nap then headed over to the Convention center.  Because we could not get rooms at the center we are staying outside the city.  Rather then bother with trying to find parking and high parking rates we took Uber.  This worked very nicely for us.    After registering we checked out the dealers area and then wandered through the games.  I bumped into a number if old friends and individuals I had not seen in too many years.  Then it was back to the hotel, a bit of supper and try to get some sleep before the big day tomorrow.  One thing I quickly learned was to bring a charger for my cell phone!   Between uber and pictures and texting home the battery was drained!


  While in the dealers area  I discovered a newish miniature company;  at least to me.  Venture Minuatures focus on the War of Austrian Succession and make 28/30mm figures for the British, French, Hanovarian and Austrian armies.  The figures were done by Dave Wilson who studied under Edward Suren.  Because of this the minuatures have the visual appearance and charm of his old Willie figures.  To me these are outstanding miniatures.


  In addition to the military there are also a number if civilian figures.  These represent both upper and lower classes as well as a neat sedan chair.  Perfect for adding interest to your 18th century table top battles.


  If interested please check out the website for Venture Minuatures at:

https://www.ventureminiatures.com/jackdaw-miniatures/



You will be very glad you did!



  

6 comments:

  1. Glad to hear you arrived safely and managed to get a quick look round after your long journey. Wrong scale for me but those figures do look wonderful and I'm sure will be very popular:).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I liked the figures a lot but no time to start a new period

      Delete
  2. Some very nice images Mark - I hope you have a great time at the convention and look forward to reading all about it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Had a busy day but will post pictures and review soon.

      Delete
  3. Wonderful 18th century eye candy.

    Willz.

    ReplyDelete