Friday, August 4, 2023

Civilian figures

 


   Got the paint and brushes out and have been painting some of the civilian figures I got at Historicon.  I like to set up little vignettes on my battle fields to liven things up.  Animals like cats chasing mice, dogs, or foxes in the woods.  Geese causing mischief.  And of course civilians going about their business.  Or tying to.....


 These figures are from Venture miniatures.  As I mentioned before they have a Edward Suren/Willie feel to them.  Great fun to paint up.



Gentlemen and lady in a riding habit




Minister


Farmers





Bar maid and women


12 comments:

  1. Great stuff Mark, I, too, like to dot some civilians around the place!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really brightens the table, and distract your opponent!

      Delete
  2. Lovely work there Mark and always nice to have these sorts of figures to dress a table:).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Grest looking figures Mark, how do they match up to other figures size wise?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They fit in well with Fife Drum and Foundry figures

      Delete
  4. Very nice little figures Mark…
    They certainly do have a Suren feel to them.

    All the best. Aly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They do! I dud a double take when going by his table

      Delete
  5. Definitely channelling Suren there. Nice figs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just checked out the Venture Miniatures site and wound up ordering a copy of their Combat General Rules, an old school: hardcopy vs pdf. There's no word on the intewebs about them, but I know something of Nosworthy's work, so figure it will be a good source if nothing else.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Please let me know what you think of the rules. There us not much out there on this company so I hope I have helped spread the word

      Delete