Tuesday, August 29, 2023

Moving along with basing

 

  Making great progress with the re basing project.   I have most of my Crown Forces infantry off the old bases and onto the new ones.  Time consuming but messy.  Soak old bases over night in water and off they come.  Clean up the mess then onto to gluing figures onto new bases.


  I mentioned I was using large bases of eight figures mounted four  up front by four behind.   Four of these stands  equals a battalion for line.  Guards, Grenadier and Highland regiments were larger so they get an extra stand.  




 Here is a British line battalion (17th) on the new stands.  to make sure the colors are in the center (a personal bugaboo of mine, too many years carrying the colors in my reenactment unit) I cut one stand in half to fit on either end of the line.  This also will  help in casualty removal.   For light troops which can flight in line and also open order I will use regular stands but a few less figures.  This represents them in a more open formations.  To go into skirmish order just leave a gap between stands.



 Next its onto painting and adding static grass to the stands. Then its onto the cavalry and then Washington's army.  Easier said then done.

3 comments:

  1. You are certainly rebasing big time…
    They should look splendid when they are done.

    All the best. Aly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very effective and glad that it's working out OK so far for you:).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not a task I envy Mark, but you seem to be making good progress! I too like to see my colours in the centre - plus the grenadiers on the right and light company on the left!

    ReplyDelete