Friday, July 19, 2024

At Historicon

 

We left Thursday morning from Massachusetts and arrived at Lancaster Pennsylvania later afternoon.  Check in at registration for HMGS went smoothly.  After dumping our bags in our room I had some figures I was selling and wanted to get that over quickly.


Once that was taken care of we set out to explore the convention halls.



First thing we saw was a very well done diorama of the D Day landings on Omaha beach.  


And a fun game with chariot races in the forum.


In the dealers area there were lots of goodies.  Almost too much!

Gettysburg Soldiers table always has an excellent set up and beautiful figures.

I found a copy of the book "Bad Roads and Poor Rations" by Adrian Mandzy.  This is a excellent book on wargaming the War of 1812 in North America.  Its filled with outstanding pictures of many different figures in all scales as well as numerous scenarios based on actual battles.  I have wanted to pick thus up for a long time and am very happy I did.  Best of all the author was at the next table and autographed my copy!

I will be doing a more in depth review in another post as I feel this is a must have book.

A great way to end my first day.


4 comments: